In Immediate Effect: Curbside Care Available Only.
At Bell County Animal Clinic, we prioritize the health of not only our patients, but also of our valued clients and our dedicated and talented team.
We plan to remain open to provide essential care for your pets unless mandated otherwise, but we ask for your help to be able to do so.
We will continue to look to the CDC and the American and Kentucky Veterinary Medical Associations for guidance on how to handle this unprecedented situation. As of now, we will adopt the following procedures to try to keep our team and our clients healthy:
- Please do not come to the clinic if you are feeling sick or if you are self-quarantined due to exposure or high risk. If possible, ask a friend or family member to bring your pet in for you, and give that person any necessary information regarding your pet’s history and symptoms as well as permission to approve testing or treatment if necessary.
- We will be providing curbside care exclusively until further notice. Curbside for us means that we will meet you in the parking lot to address your needs. Please call us at 606-657-0324 when you arrive.
- If you are picking up food or medication, we will bring it to your car. Please call from your vehicle and we will collect payment information over the phone.
- If you are dropping off or picking up for surgery, we will have a technician meet you at the curb to transfer your pet and to give pre- and post-op directives.
- If your visit is for a sick or well pet exam, we will take your pet inside the clinic while you wait in the car, and we will call you discuss our findings.
- For all medical visits, a staff member will collect payment information over the phone.
- Remember that there is thankfully no evidence that pets can contract this Coronavirus. They may, however, assist with the spread of the virus because they can carry it on their skin or clothing/leashes where it can be picked up by other humans. Please refrain from petting dogs and cats belonging to other clients.
We will be washing our hands, using hand sanitizer, and wiping down all surfaces as often as we can between patient visits to minimize risk of exposure to our clients, staff, and community.
We hope to keep our clients and staff protected from COVID-19 by following these guidelines set by the CDC and Kentucky BVE. Thank you in advance for your patience as we continue to do our very best for you and your pets.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these changes, please call us at 606-657-0324.
Please stay safe and healthy, everyone.
All our best,
Your Doctors and Staff at Bell County Animal Clinic